Isabelle N September 24, 2015
If you didn't know, a few weeks ago, I began my senior year of high school. Somehow, despite each year passing having felt like an eternity, we are finally entering our last year before college. The past few weeks have been beyond busy; our classes are moving at full force, college app deadlines are approaching, and my tennis matches have been frequent. After going abroad for a year, the "transition back" wasn't as difficult as I thought when it came to our community, but more so academically. When I was in France, my only AP course was French, which was really the whole point of being at SYA. However, this year, my schedule is full of required courses and difficult subjects like AP Euro, and it has been someone stressful managing all of my work. At this point, I just want to be into college already. That being said, the weekend is optimal time to try and de-stress, so I went apple picking with some of my friends this weekend since I had an away match all of yesterday. Our school actually has a decent selection of activities to participate in, and this outing seemed very fall-ish (fall fever is in FULL force). After picking up some random apples and sampling them, we tried some of the farm's delicious apple cider and apple pie- the only word for the pie is yum. I always enjoy going off campus, and this activity was a nice escape for my friends and me from the stress of school and college.
I'm not quite sure when my next post will be as I am cooped up at school until October 10th for parents weekend, and until then, I will be hitting the books and taking the SAT. That being said, follow me on my social media @lostbutntfound to see what's going on with me! xoxo Isabelle
Isabelle N September 19, 2015
Lately, I've been finding tons of new music on Spotify, so making my September playlist was quite a breeze. This collection consists of a decent variety of artists, from Twenty One Pilots to The Neighbourhood to The Weeknd. Have a listen to this playlist and curl up with a soft blanket, a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks (because we're all #basic), and some Netflix on repeat. Give me some new tunes to listen to in a comment below! Click here for the Spotify playlist link. xoxo Isabelle
Isabelle N September 15, 2015
Wearing:// Dress: Urban Outfitters (on sale!), Cardigan: Aritzia, Shoes: Chanel (Hawkings Leather Chelsea Boot), Necklace: Denim Habit (UO Feather Necklace), Lips: 'Rebel' by M.A.C.
At the sight of dropping temperatures and brisker mornings (with heat following not long after), you'll see me with a French vanilla coffee in hand, pulling out all of my parkas, cardigans, and booties- basically anything and everything fall. After an extremely long and hot summer, I somehow always wake up one day in September craving chilly mornings and hot coffee. I can't tell you of one time that I had hot coffee this summer- after being deprived of iced coffee delicacies while in France, I committed myself to getting the Starbucks 'cold brew' at least three times a week in July and August. While I may be back at school with a business-like dress code and not tons of room for fall styling, I still wanted to get to posting fall outfits as soon as possible. I've had this cardigan from Aritzia in my closet since before I even went to France, but have never found the perfect way to style it. I also purchased this midi dress from Urban Outfitters this summer, and have found it to be an asset to my closet. However, it has spaghetti style straps, so it may seem like it could only work in the summer time. But, when you combine this midi dress with this cape-cardigan-comfy-blanket thing, you have the perfect fall look (and an excuse to break out those Chelsea boots you've been missing since last year)! How would you style a midi dress for fall?
Today marks the end of my 'last' first week of high school. Boy, was that a mouth full. Whoever said that senior year was a breeze was either taking very easy classes or an extremely good manager of his or her time. We've only had four days of classes, and I've already had an in-class essay, read two long articles related to summer reading, and have a math quiz on Monday. Senior year is coming at all of us with full force, but it is still rather exciting. At my school, we have a lot of senior exclusive privileges, like 6th Form Coffee with the faculty, no lights out (!!), later check-in time, and special Chapel seating. While I can tell that College Apps and classes themselves are going to make this Fall difficult, there is still always something to look forward to. Hope you guys had a good first week! Tell me about in a comment below. xoxo Isabelle
Isabelle N September 10, 2015
During the summer, my friend Emma of iEmma Fashion tagged me and other bloggers to do the 10 Beauty Facts and Secrets post. I normally talk more about fashion and travel on Lost But Not Found, so I thought a personal beauty post could be interesting! Comment below with one of your unique or quirky beauty habits. xoxo Isabelle
1. I don't always wear mascara, but when I do, it is for color and to define my lashes. My all time favorite mascara has to be the bareMinerals 'Flawless Definition' mascara. I am lucky to have naturally long eyelashes (thanks Dad!!), which makes finding a non-clumping mascara crucial. This product elongates your lashes without putting an excessive amount of product on, which would then create dreaded "spider" look. Highly recommend!
2. I am a lipstick fiend- yet I only wear the same ones on rotation. When I first got into watching Youtube beauty vloggers, I went a bit crazy with the makeup buying, and soon had every product in existence. Among that haul was a surplus of MAC lipsticks that I had heard about online. While I have thrown out quite a bit of makeup over the years that I just didn't use anymore, I have kept most of my lipsticks. I'm the type of person that throws on a swipe of EOS lip balm and then MAC's 'Lustering' lipstick, and then I'm good to go. Despite it coming off not long after application, I love the look of lipstick even if it is just for a little while.
3. I am a huge fan of Vanessa Hudgens and Blake Lively's makeup looks on the red carpet- they both often wear more golden tones with some glitter, which makes them look like straight up Greek goddesses. #goals
4. I get my nails done pretty often for shaping and cleaning them up, but I'm actually quite good at painting nails. Growing up, we would always have sleepovers at my house, and I'd be the one doing everyone's hair, makeup, and nails in the corner. I used to really want to be a beautician- it can be quite fun! Along the same lines, I did two of my friends' hair and makeup for prom.
5. My eyebrows are probably the most maintained aspect of my beauty regime. I've always had the same lady do my eyebrows ever since middle school, but when I was in 7th grade (I think), she wasn't in and some other lady did them instead- you can imagine where this story is going. I left the salon with lines for eyebrows and a crushed soul. Okay, that might be a little dramatic, but it seriously took me forever to get my brows back to normal.
6. Something else that I discovered through the beauty community is the Beauty Blender makeup sponge. While I do apply foundation with clean hands, I prefer this damp sponge for concealer and blending everything together. It creates a clean finish that doesn't appear too cake-y.
7. I rarely ever curl my hair, unless I have a special occasion or a blog post to do. The last time I curled my hair for something other than a blog related post or event was Halloween my sophomore year. My hair is rather thick, so curling it takes forever, and it doesn't hold very well once done.
8. The fall of my sophomore year, my hair got crazy crazy long (see picture). Something in my sparked me to chop it all off during the winter, and now it has become a sort of annual affair. Last winter, I got a decent amount of hair cut off while I was in France, and it's looking like I'll be continuing the cycle this year as well! It's a nice arrangement, as it allows you to have long hair for the summer, and a sophisticated cut for the winter and early spring.
9. I use the same shampoo and conditioner for ages on end, without remembering that I should switch it up from time to time. Lately, I've been a fan of the Organix brand, and more specifically, the Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo and Conditioner. It makes my hair very silky and luscious; plus, it has a great scent and the product doesn't make my hair too oily. I follow that with some Moroccan Oil once I get out the shower once my hair is slightly dry.
10. Last but not least, I often apply my face makeup and then my eye makeup, without remembering to do the reverse. Not that it really matters, but if I am wearing eyeshadow, it is usually from the Naked 1 palette. That being said, this palette has mostly shimmery shadows that have a bit of fall out. It is more ideal to do your eye makeup first so that you can wipe the excess off of your face, but I usually forget this useful makeup hack.
Thanks for reading! Hope this was interesting. Talk soon!
Isabelle N September 6, 2015
Ever since I started blogging, my passion for photography has developed more and more. Despite more frequently being in front of the camera for my blog, I find myself taking pictures more often than not. The majority of my portfolio consists of travel photography, but I realize that it is always good to show variety. That being said, I figured I should try to integrate some more portraiture into my work, so I asked my best friend Allison to shoot some pictures with me last week. While we only had about 25-30 minutes in the park to shoot and it was quite buggy in the woods, we still got some pretty killer images. How great does she look?! Thanks to Allison for helping me out with this! Hope you guys like these photos! Check out my photography site for more images.
Isabelle N September 2, 2015
When it comes to blogging, my inspiration can come from just about anywhere- TV, magazines, places, celebrities, etc. More often than not, my outfits have hints of different people I've met or places I've been. However, a lot of the time, Instagram is where I head to to enjoy some good fashion. Unless you've been living under a rock, you'd know the name Gigi Hadid, who is a top fashion model these days; but you may not know who her sister, Bella, is. Bella is who I would describe as the more rocker chick of the two, with a passion for photography and leather jackets. In putting on this outfit and going to shoot these photos, I felt like I was either a) about to put on a concert of sorts or b) Bella Hadid in one of her NYC photos. Either way, life would be pretty fabulous. For both of those reasons, I love this outfit, as well as because it is a nice Summer to Fall transition look, that can be layered with some tights and a comfy cardigan. Patiently awaiting those brisk fall days with a cup of pumpkin coffee in hand.
When you read this post, I will be deep into my last tennis preseason for school. How crazy! It seems that it was just last year that I started my blog before going away for the first time. To avoid being more stressed out than I am about senior year, I figured it would be a good idea to schedule a couple of posts. If posting is scattered, it is because college applications and actual school work has gotten the best of me. I'll still be updating my Instagram and Twitter, though, I'm sure. Sending you guys luck in school this year! You've got this!! xoxo Isabelle