Hey everyone! I hope you guys are having a good Passover and Easter weekend. As hard as it is to believe, our spring break is already almost here, starting this coming weekend as we set out for the Basque Country (Bilbao) and then I head to the Barcelona and the Balearic Islands with Marisa. That being said, I'll have to get the few summer clothes I brought to France together in preparation of transitioning from the cold Rennes weather to the warm Spanish sun. This post is a small compilation of a few beach-bag things that I will be taking on my trip, especially for our beach portion of the trip. I hope you find this helpful and I'll be back soon with a new post! xoxo
1. Fujifilm Polaroid Camera: While I often forget to use it, my polaroid camera has been a fun means of documentation throughout this whole year. Despite being probably the only person in the world who has difficulty taking good pictures on it, the majority of my photos turn out well. It's nice to use this camera because there isn't much to the mechanics and it's something that you can keep forever if well preserved. Plus, my mom got me this star film for Christmas, which adds to the fun of these photos.
2. Maaji Swimwear: At this point, I have just about a million bathing suits, but among those my Maaji Swimwear bikinis are 100% my favorites. When I was in Santorini last summer, we stumbled upon the cutest boutique (think Intermix) and they had these suits that my sister and I had never seen before. Apparently, they sell them at surf shops where I live but nonetheless they are still adorable. The best part is that in addition to being well made and not super skimpy, there are reversible prints! So you basically have a well-made 2-in-1 bathing suit- woo!
3. MAC 'Well Dressed" Blush: I'm not really a fan of full-on makeup at the beach, but I've found that this blush is an easy way to brighten up your face after a long beach day. I usually use it with an angled blush brush, and I apply about one or two swipes to my cheekbones, and then I'm good to go. This blush has a little sparkle to it but nothing like the Nars blushes do, so you can be rest assured that you won't be having a Twilight vampire moment.
4. Jack Roger Sandals: Anyone who goes to prep school will recognize these babies within an instant! Growing up, my sister, mom, and I always got Jack Rodger sandals for the summer, whether they were gold, silver, or somewhere in between. If you're looking for a sandal to be dressier than your Rainbows but not anything too excessive, these are a great in between. At first, they take a bit of time to break in, but afterward they are super comfortable yet sturdy.
5. #GIRLBOSS and a Journal (UO Leather Journal and Metallic Journal): Beach vacations in general are usually when I get the most non-academic reading done. For the most part, we're always stuck reading something for english class, and so I never get to read for simple pleasure. If you're even slightly interested in starting your own business or doing something with fashion, #GIRLBOSS by the creator of NastyGal is a good, encouraging read. In addition to general literature, I've found it necessary to journal about your trips. Throughout this year, I've been writing in my journal during and after trips, which I am mostly doing to look back on in the year that come. I can't even seem to remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, let alone today, so journaling the "little things" is a nice means of documentation.