If it wasn't already obvious, today I am going to be talking about the best of 2012! However, these are my "favorites" of 2012, so my collage like the one above might be different than yours and your picks. Hope you like this post and if you get a chance, comment some of your favorites of this year. Happy 2013!
1. Vacation: If you haven't caught on with the abode of trips I have mentioned (and not; like Australia!), I am quite the traveler. My mom has always wanted to travel the world, which meant I got to tag along, which I am very fortunate to be able to. Spring break of 2012 I went to London/Paris with my family and had the time of my life. I truly wish I had started my blog by then for the sake of photography; the fashion in both places was insane!
2. Hair trend: Although I have yet to don the famed crown braid on my blog, I have made it my mission to stuff my thick hair into some sorts of braids to achieve this goal. As usual, braids are a trend in themselves, but the crown braid, two braids laid over each other, has made a name for itself. When Google searching this look, I saw it on celebrities, bloggers, and everyday people like you and me.
3. Hair Product: In a group of ten people, if you were to ask them their favorite hair product of 2012, most likely no one would have the same answer. If I were asked, "Its A 10" miracle leave in product would be my answer. I saw this product being hyped about in magazines, and took a chance with it by buying the travel size just in case I disliked it. The next day after my first use I implored for my mom to drive me to Ulta to buy me the biggest bottle available. When the title claims this is a miracle product, it is seriously not lying. Your hair feels like a horse's mane once dry and all you want to do is touch it.
4. Fashion Trend: With every season there is a myriad of different trends listed on Teen Vogue. My personal favorite was the metallic trend. This movement of color was a step outside the box of the trends like "Neon" or "Oxblood". Yes, I listed this as a fashion trend, but I even saw it in the beauty world eye shadow wise when researching metallic. Don't worry, there is no such thing as metallic gold lipstick-at least I hope not.5. Celebrity: Taylor Swift climbed her way to the top of the social ladder this year. She announced her "Red Tour" and even released her album also entitled "Red". Taylor was not only in the news for her music, but her fashion choices as well. She has definitely matured from her boho flared jean phase. Another thing she has become famous for is her boyfriend rotation, but I would rather not talk about her and Harry Styles *whimper*.
6. TV Show: I doubt Pretty Little Liars will never stop being my favorite TV show, and it also remains my favorite book series as well. The suspenseful drama is so enticing that missing an episode tends to make my heart ache. If anyone from ABC Family is reading this, then let me say, keep up the good work.
7. Book: Ah yes, the Hunger Games. Most people will be raving about the movie, but I would rather rave about the book. I read it in 7th grade (two years ago), but seeing the movie just made me realize how much I loved the books even more. If we hadn't been required to read this novel in school, I would've avoided the gory content, but I am glad I didn't.
8. Mascara: Benefit's They're Real mascara tops my drawer of mascaras as my favorite of 2012. It lengths, volumes, and makes your eyelashes the blackest black. There isn't much for me to say but try it yourself. I recommend trying the $10 travel size instead of taking the $23 plunge.
9. Accessory Trend: Let's face it- hair bows were huuuuge this year. I myself have never participated in this trend, but I know for a fact that anyone within 20 miles of an American Apparel store has worn one at least once. A newer way of wearing them that I do appreciate is at the end of a braid, which adds a girly touch. Here is my blog post on this accessory movement.
So, as 2012 comes to an end, I just wanted to thank everyone reading this for helping my blog come this far. The highlight of my year was starting my blog, which I hope to continue for many more years to come. Make the best out of the clean canvas you have been given and paint your year with your own paint brush.
Make sure to follow me on Google Friend Connect on the side bar! I just added it.